Because it is sold as part of the Microsoft Windows operating system, Freecell has to be one of the most popular solo games in the world.
The current Windows release provides for the user to choose any one of 1,000,000 games (although none of us know whether they are all different!)
Some players take a random game each time, but we find it more of a challenge to work though in numerical order. As at August 2007, we have reached 11,060, having started at number 1, and have not missed out any. We stay with a difficult game until we find the solution, before moving on. To this point we have not found an impossible game, although some have been very hard.
Tell us any that you have found impossible, and we will start to build a list for other enthusiasts to try. Alastair P (July 2007) is stuck on 26693. Michael (August 2007) cannot do game number 39236 and wonders if it is impossible? But someone has done them - see ‘Your say’
Let us have any other questions about Freecell on Windows by email here
- how many hours have you spent trying to crack one? Let us know
- what has been you best run of successes? Let us know
- what is the shortest time you have taken to complete 10 games? Let us know
- how far have you got if you are working through from game number one? Let us know
- how young can a child be to succeed at Freecell? Let us know
Let us have any general comments on Freecell that we can add to our discussion page.